20 July 2012

Today 19 July 2012

Thank you for:

1.       The morning walk: Aunt and I went to the market early in the morning. It was very pleasant. There was enough sunlight and it was quite cool at the same time. It reminded me of really nice winters in Mumbai.

2.       Call to Susie: I have been calling my sister for so long now- she has not been answering nor returning my calls. I was quite annoyed with that. But when I heard her voice- I knew she was really happy to hear from me and I could feel the happiness warming my insides. In those few minutes I spoke as much as I could. I told her I bought a dress for her from Zara Paris and she chuckled. Wow! I love my sisters.

3.       The emails I wrote: I wrote to some of the fellows from the school leadership fellowship. I liked what I wrote. I hope they are not too annoyed by the number of people telling them that were missed.

The Chateau, took this while lying down on the bench...
4.       The Palace of Versailles: When we were studying the French Revolution, my teacher spoke about the Hall of Mirrors. She said it was magnificent. I remember looking at it in some black and white textbook or imagining it. Today, I saw it. It was fine. Not that extravagant. The palace itself is really big and the gardens are breathtaking. Aunt and I walked a lot and then lay on the marble bench. We then walked some more. We wanted to see everything and I am glad we did.

5.       The comfortable bus and metro rides.

6.       The conversations with Aunt. I asked her how France joining the EU made a difference to her and others and she had much to say. She also shared with me some stories about Princess Diana and just generally spoke a lot. I like how she speaks so much without expecting me to speak in return. She just keeps talking and I just keep listening.

7.       Me speaking French: I spoke French today. I have been speaking a lot in my mind but when I speak it loudly, it does not sound like what I had in mind. Strange. But, I spoke loudly and Aunt has been helping me. I want to be perfect now J