Thank you for:
1.
A holiday I will never forget. Right from the
time I landed in London till now- I am back in London, I have had the best
days. I did so many things I never thought I would do. This trip itself was
something I never thought would happen.
2.
My aunt: I know I hurt her today. She forced me
to pack way too much into a bigger suitcase (one that is almost my size). It
exceeded weight limits. I was annoyed at her for making me do things I was
unprepared for. And I was rude with her. She wanted to pack me sandwiches- she
didn’t, because she was afraid of what I would say to that. She wanted to pack
a bottle of vinegar made of grapes but there was no space and I am sure she
wanted to speak to me some more but didn’t because she knew I was angry. I was
terribly upset when I left and cried at immigration. I made repeated calls to
her and she was still worried about me and regretted not having packed the
sandwiches. She said when she returned home she felt odd. Everything was too
quiet. I haven’t stopped crying since the time I left her at the airport. I am
thankful that she is my aunt.
3.
Every wish coming true: Aunt did everything
within her control to make sure I got to do, see and eat everything that I
wanted to in Paris. She took me to the Louvre and Chateau de Versailles even
though she is not interested in those places. She made me see a wide variety of
stores to help me choose which shampoo I wanted to buy. She agreed to dine out
and also asked if I wanted to take a bottle of champagne (despite exceeding
luggage limits!) for some friend that I spoke to her about. She was willing to
let me stay alone to see Paris even though she was a bit uncomfortable leaving
me alone… she is like the fairy godmother in Disneyland. I have tried hard to
be a person like that for some people I know but I have not been that
successful. I am glad that in that way we are alike.
4.
Sunday morning Shopping: Guess what we did
before mass? We shopped at the open market. We bought a dress (for me) and 2
shirts. We were pleasantly surprised by what we bought. The guy also reduced 2
euros for us which was a bonus.
5.
The priest: there must be something really
special about a priest who smiles at EVERY person who comes to him to receive
communion.
6.
Lunch: Aunt served pork roast. It was delicious.
7.
Reaching airport on time: There was way too much
traffic and I was for a moment worried about reaching on time. But the road
cleared very soon and thing were fine.
8.
All airport formalities until now: Everything
done smoothly.
9.
Passport exchanges: Aunt showed me her passport
yesterday. There are too many stamps on it and too many visas. She saw some of
my visas and we were like children checking each other’s stamp collection.
10.
The late night conversations: Aunt told me some
really strange stories about people last night. I was shocked and I laughed so
much at them. It was fun.
11.
The realization: I realized today after speaking
to VM that I need to rise above situations. Instead of getting mad at my aunt,
for doing something as precious as sending some love to those back home, I
should have focused on just that- that she is doing something precious- sending
love back home. Why do I bring myself in the picture all the time? What makes
me think I am so important? Why am I so selfish? What was I worried about- 26
kilos? I think I am so petty sometimes and realize it when it is too late to do
anything about it. I also think I take my family members and relatives for
granted- which comes from my heightened sense of self. If I don’t change now, I
will have no hope. And I will not be
proud of myself for long.