Today was such a massively deameaning and horrible kind of day and I was constantly aware of how I was in a bad mood and needed some time to truly feel sad, process it and feel happy again. I went to visit a school today and meeting the school leader was an unhappy experience to say the least. Most of these educators I meet first want to know who is funding us and how we are going to make the money. Gradually, I realized that she meant well and was trying to help, but only after I felt questioned and not believed in.
I thought the only thing that I needed then at that time was to meet FS. But I am glad he was not in office or I am sure I would break down there.
However, something really ugly was waiting for me. As I was in Kings Circle, I decided to have coffee (which I never drink anyway) at Cafe Mysore instead of CCD. I just wanted to cool myself- with a hot coffee, right! I had 500 rupees to pay for a cup that cost me 25. I didn't realize it, or I would have chosen to go to CCD. When I went to pay at the cash point, the cashier refused to take the money as he didn't want to give me change. I bought some chips and other nonsense and threw the money on his face. I vow never to go there again. In my heart, I am glad CCD, Barista, Ribbons and Balloons, Only Parathas and half a dozen other 'globalized' brands who know how to respect their customers- are going to put them out of business in a few years. Thats what happened to the snobbish kirana store near my house and thats what happened to Bastanis. Sorry all you Irani restaurant fans- there is a reason why Kyani still exists- they do not have a list, rudely telling their customers what NOT to do.
Despite all this I realized that smaller things were happening to cheer me up- my phone is repaired- the guy was really nice, I hope he prospers and flourishes, a girl asked me very sweetly what the time was, C waited for me at Andheri Station on the way to school (who does that?), I went to the shrine to pray, the feeling at Don Bosco campus is heavenly (as always), I came home and Mummy was so happy to have me back, spoke to VM for so long after speaking to Surya and then realized that I have found nobody like FS and MD supporting us so much in our school endeavour. I am glad I remembered that today is summer solstice (a fact I always remember) and that it is also Prince Harry's birthday- and I really don't care about it. I am also happy that my neck is not stiff any more and that I napped for 3 hours and woke up and saw Mum checking her email :)
I thank you very much for constantly cheering me. Because I was weeping on the bridge just a few hours ago.