15 March 2011

Day Before Yesterday, Yesterday, Today: 12-14 March 2011

Thank you for: 

1. The safe road travel. 

2. The chance to mummy them around: putting them to sleep, soothing the motion sickness, holding their heads hard when they vomit so that it does not begin to hurt later, watching them vomit, flushing the toilet, filling their empty glasses of water, combing their hair, watching them sleep. 

3. Don Bosco Lonavala. I cannot be grateful enough. 

4. Aditya Prasad Sadangi. And how he said, "be in touch". And what he has made me think is possible. 

5. The dinner on Saturday night. The kids were pleasantly surprised at the mention of chicken!

6. The love I feel for these children. Its my source of energy. 

7. The body ache: It feels good. It reminds me that I am young and need to keep young. I need to exercise more to feel lighter. 

8. Sharukh and Shaheen. Sharukh asking Shaheen to come for the trip. Because I really liked working with her :)

9. How I know adults can respect little children, by making me respect my Rohit R so much. 

10. The argument on the meal table. I was angry and have been for quite some time. I needed to vent out. But more importantly, I got an insight into my conflict resolution-rational persuasion abilities. They mostly need to change :)

11. The holiday. Yes, I know there have been too many lately and it is hampering student learning BIG time. But, I plan to make the best use of this holiday. I plan to go shopping. I have not or sparsely shopped in the past 2 years. Before that, I would buy at least a shirt or any item at least once in a month, not any more. I just looked at all my clothes the other day- they have yellowed. I look unkempt and poor, really, which is not the impression I want to leave on my kids. I need to shop badly. Tomorrow is the day!

12. This website which I just saw. I checked almost everything on it, until I realized I couldn't finish seeing everything.

13. The attendance in class today. 48 out of 50 children showed up despite aches in their bodies. For Dhanraj telling V that he slept for 18 hours :) I found that statement immensely "happiness producing"!

14. Giving me a chance to watch them sleep. They are little babies. They look like pillows lost in a mound of bedsheets. I couldn't recognize their peaceful faces as they "slumbered peacefully".