13 December 2012

Today, 13 December 2012

Thank you for: 

1. The interview: I did my first interview today for the magazine. It went off well. The call lasted just a few minutes, and I enjoyed it. 

2. The concept note: I was supremely happy with the output. I realized that when I was making the concept note for the school, I was struggling. I could not find the correct pictures nor the right words. Everything seemed so forced. This concept note on the other hand seemed to flow. It feels like everything is within me and now it is only taking shape. I have spent almost a year on this conference. Its time has come. 

3. The chat I had. I had a chat with one of my friends. He was amazed to see how quickly I have begun doing other things while I still feel I have been slow. While talking to him I realized that I am pretty much in charge of my life despite the problems I face. My parents have done a good job with me :)

4. Grey's Anatomy: I need to stop watching it the way I obsessively watch it. I watched some episodes on YouTube. I had to force myself to stop watching it :) I loved the episode they showed today- the morning one- which is yesterday's re-run. 
Yes, you may laugh :) But they are not burnt...

5. My potato and dill biscuits: Every batch was a trial. The first batch some of them got burnt. The second batch were uncooked and so on. At the end of it I realized they were good. A little salty, but good learning. They are made of refined flour (maida) and have baking soda in it- not to mention the excess salt. So I won't gorge on them the way I did with my whole wheat walnut cookies. I miss my whole wheat walnut cookies :(

6. The best part about working from home: is that baking biscuits, colouring my hair and going to the bank is part of my to-do list :) No office allows that. The other day, an organization I am working for made me a full time offer. I declined. He persisted and asked me to consider the offer. I plainly told him that I feel like full time jobs are like jails. One is imprisoned in it for 8 hours. He said ok :)

7. The lesson plans and worksheets: I made some of them today and realized I love making them :)

8. Some people I am working with/for: They inspire me and I find myself giving my best every time!