11 December 2012

Today, 11 December 2012

Thank you for:

1. Humility: I was put in touch with a big shot at an organization for an interview for my magazine. I wrote to her and she replied with so much warmth that I was stumped. I received a few more emails through the day from some leaders in education- to put it very loosely- and I am thrilled to know that they are all humble, welcoming and encouraging. I need to move around in different circles and I need to make new ones :)

2. The Gift: My older sister was a bit sick today. She got a cold and some infection in her eyes. I secretly celebrated because she was at home! One sister at home the whole day is like some festival- some real gift. Mum, she and I- we all did our own work yet we celebrated our togetherness. 

3. Simplicity: I really admire LG. She has been with me for 3 years now as a guide. Recently, she made me an offer which I really wanted to take up but could not eventually because I was swamped with work. Someone told me that she does not like it when people refuse her opportunities. I got worried. Its not even the last thing I want- to miff LG. So, I messaged her- apologizing. And guess what she replied "Arre don't be silly. I have been busy". You know, I should have used my own knowledge of how she is instead of listening to someone else. And I am glad that she is such a gem. 

4. These wonderful people in my life: I am surrounded by people who keep my spirits high. 

5. The cookies: I baked whole wheat walnut cookies. I made a batch of 15. And I ate 11. They were irresistible and healthy. Every cookie meant that I ate half a roti. In a day I ate about 2 cookies. Or more. I am making a brand new batch soon. Maybe tomorrow.