Thank you for:
1. The early morning calls: I got two calls this morning. One to tell me that they wanted me to come for a function this evening to speak. I could not go. I was glad to be called. The CEO then spoke to me and asked me if I would like to work on a project for them. A few hours later I got a call from another organization asking me to visit their schools as they wanted to discuss some things with me. Two offers in a day! I must have done something nice. It helped me wipe off my guilt of being said that I hurt my mother.If I was such a bad person good things would not have happened to me. I concluded I am not a bad person :)
2. Meeting TR: I met TR today. First time. It was good to meet her and hear her ideas. She told me she has studied in a Marathi- medium school and her English teacher made her that good in English. She did not mince words when she said, she speaks good English. When I heard that statement- I realized I want to be a teacher all my life. I really respect languages- Bengali is like music, Marathi is my home language and I have grown up with Gujarati. I feel we need more vernacular medium schools. Where English is taught as a second language. With perfection.
3. The boy in my hands: My watchman's son is a delight. He is about four months old. I carried him today. A man from my building came to play with him and hurt him by mistake. 'Abhi' started crying. That little boy's mouth opened wide and tears started streaming down his face. I stared at his face in complete wonder. What a beauty. Not a leaf would shake with all that screaming. That's how babies are... gentle.
4. The songs we are listening to. All from 1998-99. Those that remind me of my teenage years :)