Thank you for:
1. The feeling: I am in Pakistan! I am finally feeling better. Of course, the forthcoming days are going to be challenging, but I am glad, I decided to take on a new role, get more active and feel more peaceful.
2. It sinking in: Yup- Mumbai- Delhi-Agra-Amritsar-Lahore-Rawalpindi-Islamabad :) Glad :)
3. The hospitality: Pakistanis equal Indians in hospitality. The economy is weak so the INR is stronger than the PKR. However, everything is cheap. It is unbelievable. I have been buying earrings- the kind you get only in Pakistan (I hope!) for so less that it shocks me! We have been staying in a wonderful hotel, eating great food (lots of non vegetarian), and being taken out everywhere.
4. Surprises: The cities in Pakistan are not in ruin. They are A-class, I tell you. The other surprise is that I saw a hedgehog crossing the road!
5. India-Pakistan: It has been emotional. After an AWESOME holiday in Delhi with Lisa, Mel and K- visiting the Taj Mahal- which I hugged and kissed (thanks to Lisa's idea), Jallianwala Baug, the retreat at Attari-Wagah Border I was surrounded by an emotional experience. The people at the border were so kind and compassionate. Everyone seemed to feel proud that we were going to Pakistan. It felt like they were living life vicariously through us. The officials in the immigration at India asked us to get photographs of Pakistan "because (they) have heard so much about it but have never seen it" Pakistan is about 2 kilometers away from the Attari Border. It is sad. Like I said, going to Pakistan is not an adventurous or exciting journey as much as it is an emotional one.