(Old Post written on 7 November, I think)
Thank you for:
1. My session going well: I did a really short session on art in education. It was much appreciated. Participants opened up a lot and I realized that it was because I pitched the session at a high level. It was packed as it was a 30 minute session- they were busy. It was great. After my stubborn refusal to do sessions, I realized, I was wrong. I have much to share with those eager to learn.
2. The song and singing: There is a delegate here who sings so beautifully that it is magic. I love listening to him and I don't need music when he is singing. It is the same with one of my other friends. She is wonderful and I find myself humming and enjoying myself so much. There are live bands here in Pakistan- and it is again wonderful listening to them. I have also been listening to music every morning.
3. Ayesha: She is this young Pakistani girl who is helping out with the conference. I was not very happy when she sneaked into my hotel room- but now my fondness for her has grown exponentially. I did not think I would make a friend- I was wrong.
4. The people: There is this guy named Imran (very intorvert, very smart and warm), Paymana (brilliant), Quratoline (uber stylish), Ankit, Poojika, Jagan, Omprakash, Anurag, Anurag, Hardik (simply very nice) and so any others who are just wonderful. These people are so sincere- partly the reason why I feel so guilty about not doing a workshop for them. I just love these guys. These simple people with such big dreams. I wish all their dreams come true.
5. Shopping: You know- it is Pakistan which has such great handicrafts, plus things are cheap, plus INR is stronger than PKR (like I said before) it all comes together and makes me very greedy. Accessories, I would see for years in Colaba for years and not buy them because they were so expensive are all half the price here. I have to stop myself from buying things. I am wondering why- I don't come to Pakistan everyday!
6. Going home: Despite all the wonder, excitement and warmth- I have been counting days. You might think I am homesick- I am not. Not entirely. I have just not liked this conference so much. I am not very fond of the people who run this organization obviously not excited about their work, I have been in a very ambiguous situation too- I am not from the hosting organization hence, there is less work anyway, besides, I am not taking any roles, I am not a participant nor am I a core organizer. Its over and I am happy. I am waiting to be back home. Yippeeeee! Because, it is happening this Sunday!!
7. Rxn and her well being.