1. The recovery: I woke up this morning unable to see clearly. I quickly checked my hands for numbness and examined my speech. I told myself I don't have migraine and moved on. A few minutes later- my left side started turning numb. Oh no- migraine! I slept the entire day and finally recovered. Still have a pain in my head but I am mostly fine. My last migraine with aura was 3 years ago. I hope now it never comes back.
2. VM: although VM tends to rationalise everything and pep me with some talks, today he panicked a bit. He took care of me by offering to get me food and water.
3. Rains: it rained today in Calcutta (and in Mumbai too). IIM-C is a beauty. With the rains all the insects and birds have come to life. Just like me!
4. My employers: because I was not well today and the stress of work was adding to my pain, I wrote to my employers/ clients telling them I will be taking a day off. Two out of three replied asking me to rest and not to worry. One of them did not even acknowledge. I am grateful for my clients who understand and also for this realisation of an eroding culture in the third. Of course I am disgusted, but I am not thankful for that ;)