31 May 2012

Yesterday, 30 May 2012

Thank you for:

1. The meeting with the Patel's: I went to Niya's house after ages. I loved how happy aunty was when she saw me. Uncle is such a pleasure to be with. I loved how he said that there will always be problems (in the context of setting up my own school) but I need to move ahead. Something I kept in mind while I was having a phone conversation today. I also felt very cared for when he told me about the two times he had to let me go alone home at night and how worried he was about my safety. Meeting Prachi (Niya's sister) was a real surprise. I called her Prachu while I was leaving. I think I am the only one the entire family gathers at the door to say goodbye to :)

2. Talking to Vinit: What an awesome guy! Where did they find him? He told me about an organization that is willing to fund capital projects in low income schools. I spoke to him at length about different schools and how he can look for schools that really mean well. He heard me out and then I felt such comfort and warmth that I asked him if he would help me find funders for my school. He said he would be glad to, knowing that I would need a crore for my first school. I love positivity :)

3. Mummy: has never visited any country abroad but has some great traveler's insights. She has been guiding me with the ticket bookings and stay options like a pro. Just now, she gave me some great gyaan and I am considering it. 

4. The visit to my dentist: He is a nice guy. I must start thinking more positively about him. 

5. The crows: Yesterday a crow who regularly drinks water from my window bowl sat on the sill and began cawing very loudly and in all kinds of voices. I kept yelling at it telling it to go away. After a point I realized it was looking at the mangoes kept on the dining table. I got it a small piece and it took the piece and flew away! I just got my first pet :)

6. The rickshaw ride at night: The auto guy last night had a perfect meter. I tipped him. I am grateful that I did not have to fight with him or feel ripped off.