11 April 2011

Day Before Yesterday and Yesterday, 9, 10 April 2011

Thank you for: 

 1. The Mehendi on my hands: Its dark and beautiful. Apparently, my husband will love me a lot. I have a different theory on why the mehendi gets that dark.

2. The Farewell Party: For the people I saw, caught up with, hugged and spent some really good time with. 

3. Watermelon Juice: Out of the blue plan. I like being spontaneous. Sometimes. 

4. My tailor: and the really nice clothes he has stitched for me. On time. 

5. The Farewell Party in school: and when Itisha's father told us, "I know the truth hurts, but the fact is that I don't care a single bit about this school or it's teachers. There are only two people I have business with- him and you. You will take care of my two girls and I will do whatever you tell me to do."

6. Irfan Khan's Rapid Fire Round: It showed me what excellence is. He knew every answer. He pushed the team score by 50 points with his brilliance. 

7. My younger sister visiting my class: The one who loves me so much met the ones I love so much. She had to see what she makes possible. 

8. The coincidental meeting on Andheri station: We met and traveled together.  Otherwise the trip to Govandi would be so boring. We both forgot to watch out for the station and we missed our stop. We got off at Mankhurd. She is talkative and so much fun!

9. Vishal, Amit and Mehgana: Fellows I was seeing after ages. As idealistic as ever. 

10. The genuine love I feel for kids. It makes transitions easier. 

11. The Work Experience Exam: They had to cook without fire. They surprised me with their skills- peeling onions, chopping them, washing utensils and adding just the right amount of salt. I am telling you, a few years from now, some of the most versatile people will be ruling the world. 

12. How I encouraged a seemingly absurd idea. A group of kids said that they would make cake. They would put chocolate and cream on bread slices, they announced. I was a bit apprehensive. But, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise with raisins and cashew nuts too.  I learnt to believe and that belief can push children further, yet again.